Every other year we join with Children’s Hospital Colorado and other partners for a forum on health issues around Kids in Aurora, featuring presentations on emerging issues by health professionals in our community.
Our last Kid’s Convening:
Monday, May 13, 2019, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
@ Children’s Hospital Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus
13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045
Library of Past Kids Convening Presentations
Below you will find links to many of the documents and slideshows from previous Kids Convening Events:
- Aurora’s Refugee Kids (PDF)
Immigrant and Refugee Legal Resources (PDF) Carol Tumaylle, MPH, State Refugee Health Coordinator, Colorado Refugee Services Program – Colorado Department of Human Service
- Exclusionary Discipline Practices in Early Childhood Learning & Development (PDF) Gerie Grimes, President/CEO – Hope Center, Inc, Chair, Policy Committee for BCDI & Cassandra Johnson, COO – Hope Center; President of BCDI-Denver Affiliate
- Healthy Babies Strong Families (PDF) Adam Anderson, MURP, MPH, Population Health Epidemiologist – Tri-County Health Department (TCHD) & Vicki Swarr, MSN, RN, Perinatal Services Nurse Manager, TCHD
- Healthcare Disparities/Opportunities in Old Aurora James K. Todd, MD, and Carl Armon, PhD, Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Aurora’s Youngest: A 0-5 Profile Jennifer Newcomer, Director of Research, The Data Initiative, The Piton Foundation.
- Health Report Card: How Healthy Are Colorado’s Kids? Kyle Legleiter, Senior Policy Officer, Colorado Health Foundation.
- Kids’ Convening Phase II Meeting Notes, 7-15-2015
- Kid’s Convening — Seven Priorities:
We identified seven children’s health issues that Aurora Health Alliance and the Aurora community might address. These issues are attainable, collaborative in nature, measurable, and “small enough to win, but big enough to matter.” These issues are summarized in the following seven Information and Discussion Guides.