The Aurora Senior Forum is now organized by the City of Aurora’s Commission for Seniors and Aurora Center for Active Adults. The event still offers exhibits, health screenings, presenters, door prizes, and much more.
Information and materials from the previous Senior Forums organized by AHA can be found below.
Presentations from past Senior Forum events
Below you will find links to many of the documents and slideshows from previous Aurora Senior Forums organized by AHA:
- Why Should I Care About My Teeth? Joan Eskens of Tri-County Health Department
- Hearing Loss, Wax Management, and Tinnitus Brittney Bayer, HIS-M.A. Ed. of Bayer Ear Clinic
- Managing Your Medications Dr. Danielle Fixen, Assistant Professor at the University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and clinical pharmacy specialist for the Seniors Clinic at University of Colorado Hospital.
- Aurora 65+ Demographics overview of demographic data for people over 65 in Aurora.
- 2018 Senior Forum Resource Guide a list of all exhibitors at the Forum with their contact information.
- 2018 Aurora Senior Forum Information in Spanish.
- Oral Health Issues Joan Eskens of Tri-County Health Department
- Oral Health Issues Dr. Carolyn Ash of InnovAge
- The No Wrong Door System- An Innovative Approach to Access Long Term Services and Supports Penny Cook
- The Development and Implementation of an Advanced Care Planning and Certificate Program Carey Candarian, PhD
- Stronger Together: Fixing the Care Transition Problem Kelly O’Connor, CSA®, Amy Panza, and Mandy D’Ambrosia of Tribus Tranisitions
- AHA Resource Guide prepared for the Senior Forum, June 2016.
- Aging in Aurora State Demography Office, Colorado Department of Local Affairs, 2016.
- Aurora’s Seniors — Key Demographics infographic developed by the City of Aurora Planning Office for the AHA 2016 Senior Forum.
- Avoiding Scams and Fraud Barbara Martin-Worley, Director, Consumer Fraud Protection, 18th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.
- Being Smart about Your Medicines: What you need to know to make sure your medicines are helping not hurting Sunny Linnebur, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, CGP, Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacist, UCH Seniors Clinic.
- Reporting Mistreatment and Self-Neglect of At-Risk Adults Julie Preston Schilling, Director, Arapahoe County Department of Human Services.
- Senior Hunger in Colorado: An Aging Population, A Growing Need Maryann McLendon, Food Assistance Program Coorindator, Hunger Free Colorado.