The Kids Interest Group focuses on children’s health resources and initiatives in Aurora. For more info, see the Kids Group Profile. Sign up below to receive information on this group and to view resources from past meetings.
You may also view past meetings on our YouTube channel.
Kids Interest Group Library
Below you will find links to many of the documents and slideshows from our Kids Group Meetings:
- February 2020: Children's Interaction with Colorado's Health System by Jasmine Bains and Eli Boone, Colorado Health Institute (CHI)
- May 2020: Partners for Children’s Mental Health presentation by Shi Lynn Coleman, Operations Director, PCMH.
- August 2020: Diversity & Inclusion meeting Video.
- November 2020: Behavioral Health Task Force: Subcommittee's Proceedings and Recommendations Executive Summary (in English and Spanish).
- November 2020: Presentation from Young Aspiring Americans for Social & Political Activism (YAASPA).
- November 2020: Meeting Video.
- Gun Violence: Discussion on Prevention Tactics and Responses to Our Cultural Trauma -- Data: Chris White, Epidemiologist, Tri-County Health Department
- Gun Violence: Discussion on Prevention Tactics and Responses to Our Cultural Trauma -- Prevention Efforts: Dr. Eric Sigel, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine and Fellowship Director for Adolescent Medicine at Children's Hospital Colorado
- Gun Violence: Discussion on Prevention Tactics and Responses to Our Cultural Trauma -- Mental Health and Trauma: Amy Lopez, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Depression Center
- Gun Violence: Discussion on Prevention Tactics and Responses to Our Cultural Trauma -- Children and Trauma Tip Sheet by National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Gun Violence: Discussion on Prevention Tactics and Responses to Our Cultural Trauma -- Where do we go from here? Lindsey Myers, Branch Chief for Violence and Injury Prevention-Mental Health Promotion, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- February 2017 Make your Voice Heard: Healthier Kids through Public Policy
- February 2017 Child Health Advocacy Legislative Preview
- February 2017 2017 Speak Up for Kids Flyer
- February 2017 5 Key Questions about Medicaid Block Grants & Per Capita Caps
- October 2015 North Aurora Immigrant and Refugee Demographic Profile
- July 2015 AHA Kids Paper: Non-Emergent Medical Transportation as a Barrier to Care.
- June 2015 Recommendations to the PIAC from the Provider and Community Issues Subcommittee: Non-emergent Medical Transportation
- December 2015 TCHD Assessment of the Health Needs of Refugees in the Tri-County Region