The Senior Circle Interest Group aims to address and learn about the challenges and resources impacting seniors in Aurora, as well as explore and celebrate collaborations among organizations serving Aurora seniors. For more info check out the Senior Circle Profile. Sign up below to receive information on this group and to view resources from past meetings.
You can also view the videos of past meetings at our YouTube channel.
Senior Circle Library
Below you will find links to many of the documents and slideshows from our Senior Circle Meetings as well as some excellent resources:
- January 2020: Aurora Senior Health Access - Hillary Lum, MD, PhD, Veteran Community Partnership
- January 2020: Matter of Balance: Fall Prevention - Melissa Smith, Tri-County Health Department
- May 2020: Census 2020 - Christina Alonzo, U.S. Census Bureau; Colorado Health Institute & NextFifty Initiative Grant - Chrissy Esposito, Colorado Health Institute; Stroke Awareness & Treatment - David Ornelas, University of Colorado Hospital.
- September 2020: ACCoA, Alzheimer's Association on Health Inequity presentation.
- November 2020: Aid & Attendence Benefit for Veterans, and How Does COVID-19 Affect the Aging Brain? presentation and Video.
- January 2019 DRCOG Area Agency on Aging: Community Assessment Survey for Older Adults
- January 2019 Community Guardianship Presentation
- September 2018 Opioids & Seniors
- HelpGuide Assisted Living Facility Tips
- Medline Plus Senior Health Guide
- HomeCity: Boomers Roadmap to Aging in Place
- YourStorageFinder: Moving Tips for Seniors
- Retired Brains: Financial Resources for Seniors
- Quote Wizard: Medicare vs. Medicaid
- Senior Veterans Service Alliance: Services & Aid and Attendance
- Just Great Lawyers: Legal Planning for Dementia and Alzheimers